Makes 24 servings
Ready in about 6 hours
5 lbs. chuck roast
1 package Little’s Cuisine Original Chili Seasoning Mix
1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp. Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. beef base (Better Than Bouillon)
2 packets Brown Gravy Mix (up to 2 oz. total)
24 Kaiser rolls or flour tortillas
1. In a crock pot, add beef and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours until meat is tender.
2. In a medium bowl, combine Original Chili Seasoning Mix, cayenne, seasoned salt, garlic, black pepper and beef base. Set aside.
3. In a small sauce pan, prepare gravy as directed. Remove the gravy from heat and set aside.
4. When the meat is cooked, drain off the beef drippings into the bowl with spice. Stir well. Using two forks, shred the chuck roast.
5. Add the spice mixture then gravy mixture to the shredded beef and combine. Cook on low in for a 1/2 hour. Serve on Kaiser rolls or flour tortillas with cheddar cheese, onions and jalapenos.