Makes 4 – 6 servings
Ready in 30 minutes
1-1/2 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 package Little’s Cuisine Original Taco Seasoning Mix
1/2 cup water
8 - 12 (4 in.) tortillas, flour or corn
1 tomato, diced
1/2 cup queso fresco cheese, crumbled
1 avocado, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Heat the large skillet over medium-high heat. Rinse and pat dry chicken then season with
salt and pepper. Add the olive oil to the skillet, add chicken to the skillet. Brown
the chicken on both sides, for 2 minutes. Cover the skillet and place it in the oven, roasting
for 20 minutes or 165F.
3. Remove the chicken from the oven. When cool to touch, transfer chicken to a bowl then shred the
meat with a fork and set aside.
4. In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add shredded chicken, Taco Seasoning Mix, water and
simmer for 10 minutes.
5. While the chicken is simmering, heat up the tortillas on an ungreased hot griddle or cast iron pan.
Turn the tortillas just once or twice until hot and slightly puffed.
6. Assemble on a plate the tortillas and spoon in chicken, top with tomatoes, cheese and sliced avocado.