Makes 8 servings
Ready in 20 minutes
1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1 cup water
1 package Little's Cuisine Chili Seasoning Mix
1 can (15 oz.) red beans
1 cup canola oil
8 - 6 inch corn tortillas
1 cup cheese, shredded
1 cup onions, diced
2 cups lettuce, shredded
4 chopped tomatoes
1 cup sour cream
1. In a saucepan, brown meat with water on medium-high heat.
2. Rinse and drain beans. Set aside.
3. Lower heat, add Chili Seasoning Mix.
4. Simmer the chili; uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally while adding beans.
5. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat.
6. Fry the tortilla only one at a time until they are lightly browned and crispy, about 2 minutes per side.
7. To serve, place a tortilla on a plate. Top and layer the tortilla with chili, cheese, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.